Post 1

To answer the first question, all three of the videos focus on how the change in the various forms of media lead to greater capacities for connection. The video centered on YouTube focused on connections between people, how videos posted can become a mass conversation. The video about the evolution of web pages instead focused on more literal connections, showing how everything was linked together with hypertext, and how flexible digital text was as a writing medium. Moving on to the second, I honestly can't hazard a guess as to where things will go from here. What the videos described still holds true today, at least from my perspective. We still use XML to run webpages, we still watch videos on YouTube. Even the sites that were seen, such as WayBackMachine and Wikipedia are still extremely widely used. I don't doubt that the mediums are still evolving, but thus far, all I can think of is the discontinuation of JavaScript support in most browsers. The major concept I took away from both the videos and the introduction is that technology marches onwards. We will never truly stop trying to improve what we have, but at the same time, it is still recognizable in both form and function. The best way to explain would be with the adage "The more things change, the more they remain the same". For all Davis writes about how his book is technology, it's still recognizably a book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yamamoto - Story 2 (Lauren)

Yamamoto - Story 7 (Lauren)

Yamamoto 1 (Louis Barry)