Yamamoto - Story 7 (Lauren)


  1. provide an overview of your thoughts, feelings, ideas, responses to the book as a whole

Overall, I liked the book. I think the idea of sending a message through storytelling is very interesting. The future is essentially unpredictable, but Yamamoto’s book offers an interesting interpretation with Artificial Intelligence. I really like how optimistic the book is, because most of us tend to be afraid of what might happen with AI, but there are a lot of positive aspects to appreciate about technology (as long as we don’t lose control of it). I also love how Yamamoto demonstrates that fiction can be more powerful than reality. 

  1. provide reflections on your experience of this class /course

Altogether, this class was extremely fascinating and thought provoking. At first, I thought I was not going to be able to follow along with the material, but interestingly enough I realized that it was very analysis based. Because I am not an expert in technology, it was up to me to interpret it for myself and make inferences. Essentially, I learned that there is no right or wrong answer. I loved how open to thoughts and ideas the class was and the variety of opinions. 

  1. in particular, address how your thinking and feeling about technoculture has or has not changed throughout this class.

I have grown to appreciate technoculture a lot more than I did before taking this class. When I took the survey at the beginning of the quarter, I was classified as basically being paranoid about technology and the internet, and although I still am, I now have a better understanding of what it all means.

Thank you for a wonderful class! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yamamoto - Story 2 (Lauren)

Yamamoto 1 (Louis Barry)