Who Am I? (Lauren)
Hi I'm Lauren. I am a freshman majoring in French and Media studies. I was born in Boston, Massachusetts, and grew up in Denver, Colorado. I was raised speaking French at home and went to bilingual schools throughout grade school. I am a passionate traveler and have been to many different countries. I love trying new foods and experiencing different cultures firsthand. I am interested in studying EDP, because it is something that is so prevalent in our world today. I would consider myself to be an avid social media user. As far as media experiences, my go-to source of technology is my iPhone, where I am able to access all my social media. My goal for this class is to be able to look at technology through a different lens. I am intrigued to understand how empathy plays a role in all of this. I would like to become more aware of how consuming technology is to humanity and how we should embrace it.
Nice to meet you here, Lauren! I encourage you to bring your same interests and enthusiasms for exploring and experiencing different cultures to this class, which will often emphasize the ways in which emerging technologies bring about their own unique subcultures. I too am intrigued by this idea of empathy in technoculture, which I've been learning about thanks to Manoush Zamorodi's "Note to Self" podcast and her book, "Bored and Brilliant."
ReplyDelete